Sunday, October 04, 2009

If I were a rich man

"Mom, you know what I'm going to do when I have a one million dollars?" Markus asked me yesterday as I was cooking breakfast.

Take a grammar lessons? "No, what?" I replied.

"I'm gonna put $950,00 in the bank and spend $50,000 however I want."

"What about giving? How come there is none for giving?" I asked.

Markus paused for a moment. "Okay, I'll put $850,000 in the bank and give to charity."

"What about for Mommy?" I kidded.

"Okay, I'll get you guys a better house," Markus said.

"So how do you plan to get a million dollars?" Now I was curious.

Markus described in detail his idea of a high tech gun he will invent for the military, and lost me in the process. No, not a weapon of mass destruction.

"Isn't that being used yet in computer games?" I asked.

"No. I will be on the headlines: First 14-year-old with a billion dollar idea," Markus was excited.

"So you are going to be a billionaire. Not a millionaire," I said. Does that mean we will have a waaay better house? Mom of 14-year-old billionaire doesn't know what to do with new sprawling property in the Bahamas.

"But for now I will be a waiter," Markus said as he carefully carried the platter of fried eggs I just finished cooking, and a saucer on one arm. Back to reality.

"That's still a job. Any job is good for your resume," I assured him. As long as it's decent, that is.

Nothing wrong with dreaming. I will wait while you waiter. Now pass me those eggs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AW...soooo cute, I love this - tell him ... Way to go Markus.. dream BIG!!
TWC