Monday, July 14, 2008

Eat, play and be merry

I wonder what Gabriel and Markus are doing at the moment. They are still vacationing in California, and I am very envious!!! Waaaah, California dreaminggggg!!!

I miss my two buds. This is the first time that they have been away from mommyblossoms this long, we call them every other night. Or they call us. I hear they are having a great time and don't seem to be missing chores, hahaha.

Last night when I called, they just came back from eating at a Thai restaurant with their cousins and grandfather. One time they went fishing. Another time they went to an arcade... Today, Gabriel left a message that they would be spending two days with Tito Roy in Suisun City. I think there are plans to go to an amusement park, too. What fun!!

Even if they just stayed home, they will still have things to enjoy. Maple Story, for instance. Or, the Guitar Hero that Kuya Warren bought for their Nintendo DS. I enjoyed that, too. Or they could play basketball in a nearby park.

"Help around the house... Help Lolo cook... Wash your plates... Clean the yard...," I told them a few times. Even if you are guests, you have to help out. Gabriel and Markus, are you reading this? Eat, play and be merry...and help with chores!

Here are some more photos from our Morgan Hill vacation...



Every meal at my sis-in-law's house was a gastronomic delight. They are all such good cooks. That's my 84-year-old father-in-law, a wonderful cook himself. And that's me in the smaller pic helping him out with the dinuguan.

I can still have fun at the playground...


If Markus can do it...


and Gabriel can do it...


and Bud can do it...


I can do it! Give me a push, Markus!! Aaaaacckkk!


OK, Gabriel, show me how to do this...


Age does not matter when it comes to the swing. The width of one's hip does. Ouch!!!


Guys, don't play football here. Can't you see we're playing basketball? (Or something like it?)


I wish we could climb that hill...


We loved these dogs.

At home, I sang and sang and sang on the Magic Mic. Everyone else was too shy to sing. Finally, I got Bud to sing. Behind him is Jess, my sis-in-law's hubby.


He can sing!!


Pat, my sis-in-law. See you again next time!!! And thanks for a wonderful stay there.

No comments: