Saturday, September 08, 2007

Grazie Maestro!

Ahh this clip makes me want to cry...



Don't you just love that superb tenor voice? I love classical music but I'm not an opera fan. However, I admired Luciano Pavarotti the few times that I heard and saw him on TV. I am just re-discovering him on youtube. His music was a gift to the world.

It must have been a great honour to be part of that huge orchestra accompanying him on stage. I would have loved to be one of the violinists playing Nessun Dorma and I don't even know how to play the violin. But watching and listening to this piece makes me want to be part of the perfomance and not just a spectator.

Here's another clip from Youtube. Here Pavarotti gives a most beautiful rendition of Ave Maria, a song often played during funeral processions in the Philippines that's why I didn't like the song that much. I still tend not to like it because it reminds me of the times I've walked behind a hearse and weeping mourners. But Pavarotti's rendition is excellent!

Addio, Luciano!


No comments: