Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions

It’s New Year! Time to make new resolutions or recycle old ones. I don’t really make resolutions per se in the New Year, but I do set goals and plans throughout the year. Like garden in the spring, paint a room in the summer, do some sewing in the fall…

This year, I set goals to coincide with the New Year so I can get a headstart and reap results early. To name three:

I will save, save, save. We plan to travel as a family at the end of the year. We need to put away $$$ for this purpose. The sooner we start, the better. If I can help it, I don’t want to travel by credit card. I wonder if this is doable. I need a windfall from heaven. Truth to tell, I’ve had windfall money from God’s storehouse just when I needed it. I hope He'll give me the same again this year. Even so, I will do my part by being my frugal self and get my family on board. I need everyone’s cooperation to meet our financial goal. No more once-a-week junk food, guys! We'll cut down other nonessentials. Which leads me to a second goal—

I will not buy anything new this year. I got the idea from an officemate who heard it from some TV show. I think I can do that. That should not be difficult for you, someone tells me. Looking at my wardrobe and my huge pile of clothes for ironing since last summer, I think I have enough clothes to last me this year. Enough shoes. Enough bags and other accessories. If I can keep my weight down, I will be okay with my old office clothes. Which brings me to a third goal—

I will lose at least 10 pounds, hopefully 15, by the end of June. I pigged out last December. I set aside diet consciousness in favour of buffets and Bud’s creme brulee. Guilty! on all counts to the charge of reckless indulgence in guilty pleasures. Now I am paying the price. I can hardly step on the weighing scale without cringing. Time to hit the gym. It’s Jan 3 and I’ve been working out at Fitness World for three days straight! I hope I can keep this up. I want to eat healthy too.

I have other goals. Some same ol', same ol'. Some new. I have home projects in mind. I want to explore opportunities. I want to invest in relationships. I want to be a better person this year than I was last year and the year before that.

2007 is going to be a great year. Last year was wonderful. This one will even be better.

No comments: