Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Versatile

When I was in second year high school, I encountered the word versatile for the first time in a homework given by my English teacher. If I had come across it before then, it probably didn’t register. Our homework consisted of an alphabetical list of adjectives, one adjective per letter, and versatile was the V-word. We were told to write a classmate’s name for each adjective. I think the papers were to be collected and tallied.

As I did my homework, I learned the meaning of versatile and I instantly liked it. I was so impressed with the word. I want to be versatile! I don’t remember getting the highest votes for versatile, but the word stuck and became like a personal goal. After all, I had been trying out different things, and my interests were so varied and changeable.

Fast forward. I am still aiming to be a well-rounded person before I become... just round. I try this, I try that, hardly mastering anything. But having fun, and picking up new skills in the process.

Would things have been different had the V-word been voluptuous? Hmmm…



2 comments:

Gino said...

no. haha.

lerryblossoms said...

i think so too. hahahaha