Thursday, August 17, 2006

Here's another one

I don't know what's up God's sleeves, but I believe He's giving me a new song, or songs, so to speak. You know, just like what the psalmists in the Old Testament wrote about. In fact, two days ago, as I was meditating on Psalm 40, I came across verse 3: "He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust in the Lord." Maybe this is what's going on.

Yesterday, words flowed again and by the end of the day, I had adapted another favourite song of mine, Once Again by Matt Redman into Tagalog. Now, I want to be careful here and tell you this is for personal use only, because of copyright issues. But I guess, if you just sing this in an informal small group setting or in the shower, that should be fine. Or you can even change the melody, that's fine with me too.

So this is my second set of lyrics in one week. I don't know why I get them. What I know is that when God gives you something, it has to benefit others. So I'm not keeping these words to myself, just in case one or two of you need to "hear" it.

MINSAN PA

Minsan pa
aking ginugunita
Diyos Anak na si Kristo
Nagkatawan Siyang tao
Layun Niya
bayaran ang aking sala
Parusa’y inako Niya
Parusa ko ay inako Niya.

At minsan pa nadarama ang pagtubos na
hindi ko maaani kailanman sa gawa
Luha ko’y umaagos
Pasasalamat ko ay lubos.

Ngayong Siya’y
kapiling na ng Diyos Ama
Hari Siya ng langit, Hari pa rin sa lupa
Ako’y mangha
sa naranasan kong awa
Walang hanggang biyaya
Walang hanggang biyaya.

At minsan pa nadarama ang pagtubos na
hindi ko maaani kailanman sa gawa
Luha ko’y umaagos
Pasasalamat ko ay lubos.

Salamat o Hesus, salamat o Hesus
Dugo mo’y pinadaloy mo sa krus.
Salamat o Hesus, salamat o Hesus
Ako ay inilapit mo sa Diyos.

No comments: