Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cheers!

We were having lunch at a Chinese restaurant last Sunday when Markus said, “I’m the only normal person in this family.” He then started to rattle off a short critique on each family member starting from Gabriel. When he got to me, he said, “Mom laughs at everything.” I started to laugh.

“See,” he said. I laughed harder.

“Mom is deaf. She didn’t hear what you said,” Gabriel butted in. I couldn’t stop laughing. Even the jab at my hearing sounded funny to me. Truth to tell, I don’t always get what my kids tell me until they speak slowly. So they tease me. It’s a running joke around the house. Even I laugh at my own “deafness”.

Markus is right. It takes little to make me laugh. And with funny kids like mine, I'm one happily abnormal or abnormally happy person.

No comments: