Saturday, July 30, 2005

Out of the mouth of Gabe

Awakened by my murmuring, Gabriel leaned on my arm as I was praying beside him in bed early one morning. I thought he had gone back to sleep as his eyes remained closed.

After I said “Amen” he looked up to me and said, “Mom, I realized something while you were praying.”

I sat up straight, eager to hear something profound “out of the mouth of babes”. An epiphany.

“And what was that?” I asked.

“I realized you have hairy arms.”

So much for profound and so much for epiphany. It was nonetheless out of the mouth of babes.

Leave it to children to say the most candid things at the most unexpected time.

2 comments:

steven said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Wonderful! We're trying to raise our kids the same way. Good luck! Ahh...you won't need luck...

http://www.theguiles.blogspot.com

lerryblossoms said...

thank you, steven, for your kinds words.